Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ok-la-homa! (Day 1)

This is an on location post from Bixby, Oklahoma.:) We headed here on New Year's Day to spend some time with the Files family. Luke and Drew (well, mostly Luke) was thrilled about flying on the airplane. Of course, we continue to not be able to go anywhere without Woody (he was showing him the planes).
One thing that was very important to John is that we went out to see his Dad and Grandfather's grave in Henryetta. We did our best to explain to Luke where we were going and why. We weren't to sure that he understood. When we got there, we realized that he understood as well as his little three old brain could. When we showed him his grandpa's tombstone he said he needed to say a prayer. Here he is bent over his Grandpa's grave. This picture makes me so sad. I so, so, so wish he was around to see John as a Daddy and met his grandsons.


1 comment:

Kreg and Nicole said...

I haven't been able to log on to your blog in awhile, I can't get it to work for me for some reason. I seriously just cried looking at that photo of Luke at the gravestone. So sweet and inncocent. Love your blog :)