Friday, February 6, 2009

Spending the day in kindergarten

Luke was able to come to work with me this week and help celebrate the 100th day of school. He is sooo ready for kinder, only another year and a half....:)
He actually fit right in and did all the activities with the kids. One of my students kept telling me, "Mrs. Files, I love your little brother" ;)
One of the centers was a scavenger hunt. The kids were looking for stickers with the numbers 1-100 all over the room.
He even got in a little computer time. After the kids left Luke was so tired. So I turned on a movie for him and he laid in a bean bag. There were two signs that he is still a little young for kindergarten....1. He asked one of the other kinder teachers to come lay down with him and watch the movie. When she gave him a stuffed dog to hold, he said, "no, I kinda want something real to lay down with me"
and #2.....
yep, he stuffed his blanky in his backpack on the way out the door....
That's ok....I want him to stay little as long as possible.

1 comment:

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

OMG, I got teary-eyed....I want B to stay little too...just for a while at least!