Monday, June 15, 2009

Monterey

Prepare for picture overload.....
After our night on the boardwalk we woke up early....who am I kidding, my kids ALWAYS wake up early and vacation is no exception :) and headed out to do the 17 mile drive. I think this was a bigger thrill for John and I since the boys gave up looking at the scenery about a mile in and asked for "dbd's"

Luke really wanted to go in the water, until his toes barely touched the wet sand. He did have some concerns about how we were going to get his feet clean. My little neat freak :)
Drew H.A.T.E.D. the water, the sand, the whole thing. (and he has been carrying around his souvenir shark everywhere)

yep, miserable.


me and my boy
once Luke realized I had wipees in the car, he really enjoyed himself
he looks so old to me in this picture. I asked him the other day to just stay little and he said "if I can dip my green beans in ketchup, I am going to get big and strong and healthy" :)

back to the car....
John's idea of heaven....
the lone cypress (the symbol of pebble beach) oh the things you learn from a tour guide :)
Before we made the long trek home we stopped off at one more park. (It was a good thing we did this because we decided to take the "scenic" route and the boys were in the car for 10 hours straight....by the end Drew was looking depressed...he started mumbling about bubble baths and would just throw out a "please mama".....:( Luke on the other hand never needed a bathroom break....that boy was one strong bladder....I know, I know, tmi. :)
This park was also a kids paradise...where are these parks in so cal?!
Drew easily climbed many of the playgrounds ladders.
yet he got a bit nervous when he got to the top of this very tall slide. of course, one look at luke flying down and he did the same.
The park even had a real train to climb all over.
This part of the train was pretty high up (and the area Drew is on is very narrow...) Good thing John has a hold on him :)
We made one last stop on the way home to see more sea lions. These were much larger than the ones by the pier.

We had a fantastic vacation....but it truly is home, sweet home :)

1 comment:

deb@atlasgc.com said...

If I had two fellows like they I would stay home all the day and play, as I am here, and they are so very far away I must cry in dismay. Will they ever remember to return to Oklahoma some day?
The Monterey vacation was so gay I have to say what a glorious way to spend the days. We are so lucky to see the beautiful display of photographs right away.
Okay I am not a poet like Dad John.
Sarah you do such a great job why do you not work on a children's book? There is a journalist in there somewhere just waiting to be recognized. Love looking at the family. Miss the bright eyes and sweet smiles they are growing too fast!