Thursday, April 29, 2010

5 years old…

4-25 010

Luke

Our sweet Luke…I have asked so many times in the past few days to please stay 4. Don’t grow up….but that isn’t happening. You are growing and growing and growing and most of all you are growing into an amazing boy.

You make us laugh with your silly faces and corny jokes. You are dramatic, funny, and kind….oh so kind. It is probably your most admirable quality. You are loving and affectionate. Not a day passes without a million “I love you’s” kisses and hugs. I dread the day that you are “too cool” for that. But, I have secret hopes that that won’t happen. 

4-25 015

You love Star Wars and action heroes. In fact, just the other day you told me that you can’t wait to grow up and become a super hero. You love to read and write and our house is covered in notes and letters. You are so artistic. This family picture is one I will treasure forever. And it is so you to put our hearts on the outside of our bodies.

4-3 001

4-25 181 

I think I’m most proud of how well you look after your brother (most of the time :) You give into almost every one of his demands…especially if you know that will make us happy. You are changing everyday and I just want to stop and bottle it up. I want to remember every moment of you struggling to read, of the look in your eyes when you run out onto the soccer field, the sleepy look in your face when you walk into our room in the morning, the look of determination when you try something new. All of these moments are going by too fast.

4-25 021

I love, love, LOVE that you want nothing more for your birthday than a date with Mommy and Daddy. You want to go have chocolate milk at Starbucks, a movie and popcorn for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You would rather this than a party with your friends or toys. I am going to treasure every single moment of that day.

4-25 170

We have big dreams for you little man…and I bet you will exceed them all. I pray that you never lose direction. You have such a pure, sweet heart. I pray that you never lose sight of that and remain kind to the less fortunate and continue to see other’s pain before your own. I pray that the world “gets” you…that you encounter kindness and grace every step of the way. I so badly want to protect your heart…you asked me the other day about bad people and that if you ever saw one you would tell them to listen to Jesus and not do bad things. Please keep that innocence.  And I truly believe you will change this world….

4-25 004

We want to grow up and be just like YOU. We love you, our first little 5 year old…..to the moon and back.

 4-25 039

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

Kelly and Chris said...

OK - you've got me in tears over here! Great post - Happy Fifth Birthday Luke!

Bre said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! Luke is one amazing little boy and you and your hubby are amazing parents. Happy Birthday Luke!!!