Monday, July 7, 2008

Lukeisms

So, we have been really enjoying our summer. Luke apparently has too. He has been able to stay up late and watch movies or baseball games with Daddy. Well, he has been getting into the habit of falling asleep in our bed or wanting us to come and lay with him. Last night we told him that he was a big boy and he had to go to bed in his bed. The boy came up with EVERY excuse in the book. He would come back into our room and tell us that he needed water, a snack, had to go to the bathroom. You name it, he came up with it. We knew that he was starting to get desperate when he came in saying he was afraid.

Mommy: Luke what are you afraid of?
Luke: I don't know but I might start crying.
Mommy: Luke, go back to bed, you are fine.
Luke: Mooommmmy, if I start crying I am going to wake up Drew.
Mommy: (ignoring this obvious manipulation attempt) :)
Luke: Mommy, I said I cry I wake up Drew

So, he decides to try a different route

Luke: Mommy you give me two choices.
Mommy: Ok, your two choices are you go to bed right now by yourself or the other choice is that I will walk you to your bed.
Luke: No Mommy, the choice is I sleep in my bed or I sleep in your bed.

Um, nice try smart guy! ;)

He did end up eventually making it back into his bed and staying there.


But it is hard to say no to this little face :)

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

LOL! He's so clever, Sarah!

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

Yes, it would be very hard to say no to that face....or Drew's adorable face for that matter!! These boys sure do know how to manipulate us don't they?!