Thursday, July 24, 2008

Seriously, he IS a monkey.

I have no idea what I am going to do. Drew is officially out of control in the climbing department. He climbed out of his crib today. Completely out of his crib. (and yes, before anyone asks, it is on the LOWEST setting possible. He is in a pack and play tonight until we figure out a better solution). He apparently has some wicked monkey feet or the best motor planning skills I have ever seen. I knew he wasn't too happy about naptime but I had no idea when I heard a huge thud that he would have the ability to climb out. I don't think Luke could climb out--even now at 3 years old. But wait, our little daredevil didn't stop there....well, just take a look.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luke was the smart one when he told us that Drew needed to borrow his helmet. Maybe we should have listened and kept it on all day. (and Luke is back into photography, he took this picture--I think I love it because I adore the way Drew is looking at his brother)--now if he could just look up to him and imitate Luke's overly cautious ways, we would be in business!

He isn't even completely stable on his two feet! Why oh why does he think he can stand on small items??!

Here he is attempting to climb on the table. Yes, he made it to the top. And no, I don't have any pictures of that because as soon as he made it to the top, he fell. I caught him but of course, he still got a bump on the forehead.

And this is the face we get when we remove the chairs so he can't get up on the table. Except that face also comes with a loud scream. He is MAD.


And this brings us to injury #87 of the day. Uh huh....our one year old got his second bloody nose in less than a week. This time it was a fall on a laundry basket. I swear our house is so babyproofed but he is like a little Houdini.


But then, all his little antics are forgotten when I see a face like this. Oh Drew baloo what are we going to do with you?! :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you serious!?! Too funny. He seems too little to be able to climb out of a crib! :)Looks like he keeps you busy busy!