Monday, July 18, 2011

My (not for very much longer) baby turns 4

 

My Drew,

I can’t believe you are 4.  I am sure I said something similar a year ago, but time is flying by in your little life.  You days as the littlest one in this family are numbered but you are so excited about getting a “sissy”.  And as you tell me daily, you are not a baby anymore.  In fact, on the morning of your birthday you came running into our room just to tell us that your legs are much bigger now that you are 4.  Yes, little man, you are getting bigger every day and I just don’t like it. 

IMG_4672

You are still the same silly, wacky kid.  You love to make us laugh and have come up with phrases that are oh so you.  This past year we have really seen your personality…as much as you love to be the goofy one, you can also be so stubborn.  You know what you want, when you want it and how you want it.  You have already mastered the art of manipulating your brother.  Somehow, someway, he tends to do all your “chores” for you…..most of the time it is because you have convinced him that your "snail” has glued you to the carpet and you just can’t get up.  How that little line works, I will never know.  :) You and Luke have become the best of friends these past few months.  You spend hours and hours together, and it is never enough.  There is nothing in the world that makes this mommy happier than that.  I pray that this bond lasts forever.  There would be no greater gift. 

 IMG_4676

But for every crazy, stubborn, feisty thing you pull, there is a sweet, sweet side.  You have a way about you that makes people feel so good…..granted, most of the time it is always pretty girls (oh how you love them!!)  You tell me daily that you love the flowers in my eyes (?! don’t ask….) and that you think I am cute.  I know that that isn’t going to last so I am going to suck up every second of that love.  You are shy at first but love the limelight once you are comfortable.  You are still very content to play by yourself and do your own thing.  IMG_4673 We feel so lucky to call you ours.  We want the world for you.  Your determination is going to get you far in life…and we can’t wait to sit back and watch the journey of your life.  Knowing you….it is going to be quite the ride.  :) 

IMG_4674 Happy birthday little man.  We love you.  So, so, so much.

IMG_4675

No comments: